Saturday, September 19, 2009

That Girl

Break fresh unto my heart
A clouded night with clearness
Your words build me to hope for more
But my hope has been taken before
Is it possible for me to ever grow?
Must I sit in circles, losing time?
My years have been wrong if this is it
I've tried to fight, be slow, be smart
But waves engulf me
I know my passion and I know I value
Still it's difficult to see past myself
I don't know how many more times I can handle this
I've invested naturally for so long
I don't think it's possible with effort
I don't think I have the patience to try
This is a moment of loss, of grasping
But I want a lifetime of holding
Something to keep me together
I felt that
I know there's more
How do I embrace it?
She's true
She has to feel something
Is boldness my path now?
I am in a haze
I became whole with her touch
I awoke like never before
My thoughts are pulling to that name
That face
That smile
Those words
And reacting has never been harder

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this partially because it's so visual and detailed, and the language you've used to convey emotions. Mostly though, it is exactly how I feel right now. I can absolutely relate to this. I hope you're feeling better. I look forward to seeing more things from you. And I'm sorry for being rather absentee lately..